“The lawyer is one of the critical elements in any business. He is a full-fledged team member, and many times he captains the team. Hence, he must be well qualified….One good lawyer is worth a dozen bad ones; a good lawyer is one of the most important and critical players on your … team…”
-Mancuso’s Small Business Basics by Joseph R. Mancuso, a publication of Small Business Sourcebooks
Notice: The following are examples of actual cases handled by this office. However, previous successes are no guaranty of the same or better success in future cases of the same or similar nature. As with all lawyers, Yahnian Law Corporation is prevented by ethics and professional conduct rules as well as insurance carrier parameters, from making and makes no guarantees of any kind regarding the results of any matter.
Below is a small sampling of the many business, individual and consumer matters we have successfully and victoriously handled:
- Business client had been accused of false advertising and other violations of state law by the District Attorney’s office. The DA was so certain of victory they alleged that the only issue left was how much the penalties would be. Yahnian Law Corporation was retained at that point and convinced the DA’s office to concede the case.
- Elderly clients were duped into investing large sums of their savings with their CPA. The CPA lost the money on poor investments. CPA left the area. First, Client went to another law firm, who took a large retainer, spent it and recovered nothing for the client. Client then came to Steve Yahnian who sued the CPA on the clients’ behalf, obtained a large judgment, then immediately filed liens against the CPA’s real properties in other parts of California. The CPA and his attorney begged for settlement which was entered into thereby allowing clients to get their life savings back plus interest and the attorney’s fees they incurred.
- Trademark dispute involving valuable trade name. Larger company had challenged client’s registration of trademark before the United States Trademark and Appeals Board. With Trademark specialist co-counsel, we obtained a favorable result for client.
- Bankruptcy has been utilized to gain client discharge of numerous debts of which creditors were hounding the client.
- Client had his identity stolen. Thief ran up debts against client and in client’s name. We obtained relief from these debts for the client, fought credit collection agencies and their harassment of client, and helped client restore his credit, avoiding bankruptcy.
- We have successfully handled dozens of business sales and acquisitions, maximizing or minimizing the price, as the case may be, to benefit the client.
- We have prepared numerous trademark applications and licensing agreements as preemptive measures for clients creating a valuable asset for later sale.
- Client paid off loan early. Lender demanded early payment penalty per loan documents. Client paid in order to get lender to release deed of trust. Client then hired us to try to recover the payment. Yahnian Law Corporation successfully negotiated return of payment back to client based on legal technicality discovered by us. Lender was forced payment.
- Client contacted us to see if there was any way to get the cash back. We reviewed the loan documents and discovered that lender had not obtained all borrower signatures on loan modification document that contained early payoff penalty. Asserting California law that requires all borrowers to agree to a modification of original loan documents, we were able to get client refund of the prepayment penalty.
- Yahnian Law Corporation has formed, organized and implemented hundreds of new corporations.
- Yahnian Law Corporation has formed, organized, and implemented hundreds of Limited Liability Companies including, but not limited to, Delaware and other state based companies.
- Successful Farm Labor Contractor license applications and implementation.
- Successful Construction Contractor license applications and implementation.
- Successful application for numerous trademark registrations, federal and state.